ADSM-L

OS/2 client and replace option

1998-03-05 11:36:04
Subject: OS/2 client and replace option
From: Tomas Hallin <thallin AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:36:04 -0500
Hi,

I'm restoring an OS/2 client from our ADSM/NT server.  Both systems at
the 3.1 ADSM level (OS/2 V4, NT 4 SP3).  I have REPLACE ALL in the
options file, but it still stops and asks me what I want to do when it
tries to restore a file that's already on the system and is read only.
And, most annoying at all, the "Yes, please *do* replace it even if
it's a readonly file" reply won't take!  I get the question right back
again, for the same file.  Not until I skip it does it go on.  Any
ideas?

/Tomas

Tomas Hallin
Affinity Technology Group