ADSM-L

inclexcl problems.

1998-03-04 04:34:20
Subject: inclexcl problems.
From: Chris Logan <cjl AT J-SAINSBURY.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:34:20 +0000
Having recently been given the task of re-activating previously installed
ADSM HP-UX clients (both client and server are version 2). One of them is
interpreting the inclexcl file in a particularly obtuse manner.

the dsm.sys file has the line

INCLEXCL        inclexcl

and in the $DSM_DIR directory, the file inclexcl has the following

include /.../*

exclude /data/jsping/ingdb/.../*

exclude /data/jsping/inglog/.../*

exclude /nfs/.../*

exclude /sysxfer/.../*

exclude /tmp/.../*

exclude /usr/tmp/.../*

exclude /data/tmp/.../*

This appears to be a generic file, common to other, working servers.
However this particular server only backs up the root (/) file system, and
nothing else. Others with this file back up every file system, from /
onwards, regardless of mount points, with the exception of the specifically
excluded file systems.

So I think I've inherited a duff setup. Has anybody had a similar problem
which they can share with me?

Chris.

 All views and comments expressed in this communication are entirely
     my own, and do not represent, or seek to represent, those of
                          J Sainsbury, PLC.