ADSM-L

Re: Fantom Tapes in 3494

1998-03-03 17:33:02
Subject: Re: Fantom Tapes in 3494
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:33:02 -0600
     OOPS...pushed the button too fast

     They could also be database backup tapes.  Issue a q volhist and pipe
     it to a file, then scan for your volser.  Check to see what the VOL
     TYPE is.

Subject: Fantom Tapes in 3494
Author:  Fitzsimons William PH USSU MSM
<william.fitzsimons AT PHARMA.NOVARTIS DOT COM> at ~Internet
Date:    3/3/98 10:02 PM

I am running ADSM on a Unix server with 4 3590's in a 3494.  I've noticed that
 when I issue a 'q libv' I get tapes with a status of private with the last use
column blank.  When I issue a 'q vol ' against one of those volumes I receive
ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found for this query.  A 'Q VOL' also does
not show the volume.

Should I checking the volume with a status of scratch,  or can I update the
volume via the update libvol command.

William Fitzsimons
Novartis Pharmaceuticals
william.fitzsimons AT pharma.novartis DOT com