ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & Autosys

1998-03-03 16:45:25
Subject: Re: ADSM & Autosys
From: "Purdon, James" <james_purdon AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:45:25 -0500
Hi Tony,
  We don't use Autosys, whatever that is, nor do we use ADSM's built in
scheduler.  Instead, we've written a series of shell scripts which are
launched from cron.  For actions like stgpool and database backups, the
scripts generally have to cycle, doing "query process" until the activity is
finished.  I don't see how you can avoid such checking - as you note,
commands like "backup stgpool" start a background process which must
complete (or be cancelled).  Maybe if there were a toggle to force such
commands to wait until their requested action was completed - wouldn't it
want it to be the default behavior, though (and what about interrupt
signals?)...

Jim