ADSM-L

Re: Performance on NT Server

1998-03-02 13:23:23
Subject: Re: Performance on NT Server
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 19:23:23 +0100
The configuration of the server is :
HP NetServer LxPro 2xPentiumPro 200Mhz
256MB Ram
50GB on one Raid 5 Volume (5x9GB+1x9GB HotSpare), on an HP NetRaid
Controller
StorageTek 9714 Library with 4 DLT7000 Drive connected on 2xAHA2944UW
Differential
NetCard 3Com 3C905XL (100Mb/s Full Duplex)

I have made some test today. My first question was false. I have better
transfert rate with the biggest files among 9MB/s. When files are small
(<50MB) the transfert rate is 1.5-2MB/s

I confirm that ADSM doesn't need a lot off memory (128MB seems to be
enough).
Eric