ADSM-L

Re: ADSM DIRMC and restore performance

2015-10-04 18:00:04
Subject: Re: ADSM DIRMC and restore performance
From: Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF. [SMTP:Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kelly,

we added special backup copy groups pointing to a stgpool (BACKUPDIR)
reserved for that purpose in each domain having the need of this
management class.

This stgpool (BACKUPDIR) has to be defined without migration. Therefore,
we run an admin command every day: "backup stgpool backupdir copystg
maxprocess=3" in order to have a copy of this stgpool on tape.

Our stgpool backupdir is 3 GB size with 16% used (it contains only
directories). Normal stgpool are 50 GB for backups and 25GB for archive.

Regards,

Rene Lambelet - (3543 - *A581
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41/21/924'35'43 / Fax: ++41/21/924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com