ADSM-L

Re: Eject copypool tapes question

2015-10-04 18:01:08
Subject: Re: Eject copypool tapes question
From: Ben Kokenge
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
look into setting up DRM.  It will eject the correct tapes listed
in COPYPOOL.  Make sure that the COPYPOOL is defined
as a DRM pool.  Look on pages 340- in the Admin's Ref, and
pages 407- in the Admin's Guide.  (btw those are ver 3.1 books,
and may not be the same as you have)

hope that helps

Ben

Eric van Loon wrote:

> Hi ADSM-ers,
> I have got a BIG problem:
> I am the only ADSM 'expert' in my shop (I will train a fallback asap) =
and I am leaving for a holiday the day after tomorrow!
> Just now one of my customers demands that as of immediately all his =
copypool tapes are ejected from the library for remote vaulting. So this =
leaves me one day to implement this!
> I checked the manuals and I cannot find an easy way to have ADSM eject =
all copypool tapes at once.
> The way I read it I have to query ADSM for which copypool tapes are =
currently in the library and afterwards I have to issue the CHECKOUT =
LIBVOL for all volumes manually!