ADSM-L

Re: List status and other stuff

1998-02-25 15:30:41
Subject: Re: List status and other stuff
From: Lou Colomba <lcolomba AT FORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:30:41 -0500
Martha McConaghy wrote:

> Jim's right, I'm out at SHARE this week.  However, I have been checking
> on my systems and e-mail regularly and have found nothing out of the
> ordinary.  Traffic on the ADSM-L list has been lighter than usual, but
> I think that is due to many of us being in Anaheim.  If you are having
> trouble, send me a note directly as I might not read the list mail for
> several days.
>
> I'd also like to mention that several people have been doing "battle" with
> IBM to try and get ADSM v3 for VM.  At this point, it does not seem likely.
> However, the reasons appear to be more political than technical.  Several
> ADSM on VM customers are in the process of making a case to IBM that this
> application is what is keeping IBM processors in their shop and that the
> non-existance of a v3 server for VM will mean that they will eventually
> move to non-IBM solutions.  This would mean, not only the loss of revenue
> for VM, but the loss of S/390 and other hardware revenue as well.
>
> I know that there are a number of ADSM on VM customers on this list.  I would
> encourage you to examine its value to your company, and its value to IBM
> in terms of revenue from you.  Then, let your IBM reps know about it.  Feel
> free to post it on this list as well.  I'll get some names of people in the
> S/390 division that ought to hear it too.  Those of us at SHARE are in a
> serious fight over this and every voice that is heard will help.
>
> Martha

Martha, I have sent 3 notes to the listserv since joining and have not
received a response back on any one of them.  I have made sure that I am
sending them to the write address (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) but do not get
a copy of the note e-mailed to me as a listserv subscriber.  I find it
odd that no one is responding to my notes.  I tend to believe that they
are not getting distributed to the listserv correctly.  Is there any way
of checking this?  Thank you.

Regards, Lou Colomba
Regards, Lou Colomba
lcolomba AT ford DOT com