ADSM-L

Re: SQL-BackTrack and ADSM

1998-02-25 16:42:02
Subject: Re: SQL-BackTrack and ADSM
From: Keenan D Stratton <stratkee AT GTI DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:42:02 -0500
From what I understand, Oracle has stated that they will no longer support
'third-party' hot backup products!  We were in the process of evaluating
SQL-BackTrack when we were given this information.  We decided not to
continue any further with evaluation.  We will rely on our own hot grown
'hot backup' scripts to backup dump Oracle files.  I believe Oracle has
taken this stance due to the fact that Oracle 8 will provide a much more
robust EBU module.