ADSM-L

Re: AW: Client Backup GUIs take hours to open

1998-02-24 13:27:18
Subject: Re: AW: Client Backup GUIs take hours to open
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:27:18 -0800
Although in theory I agree with the "try to keep your database
size down" philosophy, I disagree that 2GB is the maximum.

We are currently running one ADSM server with a 36GB database.
The only reason I consider this particular system too large is
the size of a single client (+5 million backup and restore
objects). All other clients run quite satisfactorily.

We recently switched from an SP wide node (66MHz) to a four-way
F50, and are seeing improved performance in most aspects of the
system.

 -- Tom

"It's a dog eat dog world,                Thomas A. La Porte
 and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."     DreamWorks SKG
              - Norm Peterson             <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>