ADSM-L

How to import a filespace and reattribute to node?

1998-02-18 03:39:20
Subject: How to import a filespace and reattribute to node?
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:39:20 +0100
Richard Sims writes:
 > In experimenting with export-import, one problem I find is the apparent
 > inability to reattribute the filespace to the node native to the ADSM server,
 > particularly with HSM file systems.  For example: filespace "F" (and its file
 > system) has been owned by node N1, with the ADSM server running on that node,
 > and you want to move the file system to ADSM server node N2 such that the
 > file
 > system is to be resident there (for best HSM operation).
 >     The problem is that after importation the filespace still shows up as
 > belonging to N1, and there is no way to reassign it to N2.  This is a

How about  "RENAME NODE N1 N2" ?

Just an idea, I did not test it but expect it to work.

An alternative might be to let the client on node N2 log on as N1 (via
the NODENAME option in dsm.sys, perhaps together with a separate server
stanza and using the MIGRATESERVER option, again in dsm.sys).

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet