ADSM-L

Re: 7331 - Problems

1998-02-17 17:02:50
Subject: Re: 7331 - Problems
From: Donald Coleman <coleman AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:02:50 -0800
At 05:59 PM 2/17/98 +0100, you wrote:
>One of our customers experienced a problem with the IBM 7331 library
>in connection with ADSM.
>
>The library is installed together with Atape driver version 4.1.0.8
>(Well, I'm unsure about the .8), and accessed via the device /dev/smc0
>(i.e. using 'tapeutil').
>
>For ADSM, via smitty we installed an ADSM device for the library (named
>/dev/lb0), and configured ADSM appropriately (using /dev/lb0).
>
>So far everything works fine, but on each reboot of the machine the device
>/dev/lb0 will be lost (and the library not usable with ADSM).
>(With smitty, the ADSM device can be restored again, but will be lost
>on the next reboot).
>
>Do you have any clues about what goes wrong here?

  What version of the ADSM server is running?

  I had this problem about a year ago when I upgraded to V 2 R 1 L 0.7 (I
may be wrong on the actual release) . The ADSM devices (7331) were lost (not
configured) after a reboot. The IBM support staff  instructed me to use a
bosboot command to correct the problem. Subsequent releases corrected the
problem. We are currently running V 2 R1 L0.13.

   Don Coleman,
   Queen's University Information Technology Services
   Kingston, Ont. Canada  K7L 3N6
   Tel: (613) 545-2034   Email: Don.Coleman AT QueensU DOT CA