ADSM-L

Re: Does the Scheduler Remember?

1998-02-16 19:01:46
Subject: Re: Does the Scheduler Remember?
From: Dennis Riley <driley AT USWEST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:01:46 -0800
Sorry if this is a duplicate.  I don't think my last send made it through the
gateway...

Hi Allen, Thanks for the reply but I think I need to clarify my question.

First, we are running Prompted and DNS is preferred with the 100's of nodes we
maintain.

Next, let me use an example to clarify my question: My MVS server running
TCP/IP 3.2
has two IP addresses, "A" & "B". A client starts its
scheduler and contacts the server via "B". Then "B" fails.
1) At the scheduled hour, will the server attempt to contact the client for the
session on "A" or "B"?
2) If "A", will the client know to respond on "A" or would it use the path it
used
before, "B"?

--
Dennis Riley