ADSM-L

Re: NT scheduler install in V3R1

1998-02-16 14:57:56
Subject: Re: NT scheduler install in V3R1
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:57:56 -0500
Ok, after seeing all of the complaints about removing the menu interface
(dsmcsvci) for installing the scheduler service from version 3 I have decided
to rewrite it and put it out on the ftp server.  My original intent is
providing the command line only interface (dsmcutil) was to provide a batch
mode/non-interactive capability that many of our larger customers had been
requesting/demanding. The utility was also rewritten to allow
installing/configuring multiple services on the same machine. Our ultimate goal
is provide a true GUI interface in addition to the current command line
interface but due to time and resource constraints I don't see being available
until later this year, so I will provide the console mode menu interface for
now. I will post an append on the list server when the menu interface is
available on our ftp server (should be about a week or so).

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM NT Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 02/16/98
6/98