ADSM-L

Re: NT scheduler install in V3R1

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: Re: NT scheduler install in V3R1
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/13/98 12:38PM
Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

______________________________ Forward Header
__________________________________
Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    2/13/98 12:38 PM

I, too, agree with you on the latest NT scheduler service! I downloaded the
latest single-byte executables for v3r1.1 (to make certain I received the
newest fix, etc.), but had a terrible time trying to get the DSMCUTIL to
bring up the scheduler. I fortunately had NOT deleted my v3r.1 files (just
renamed them and placed them in a different directory), but even when I
tried to fall back to the old scheduler (which probably won't work with the
newest version anyway), I was unable to get the machine to start a schedule
automatically. And, on top of all that, the activity log in the new version
kept giving me an error code I couldn't locate in any of the documentation:
ANS8500I (an invalid parameter called ORIGINATOR was causing a problem for
the log in some fashion, but gave me no hints about its location or how to
repair it). It was a frustrating afternoon! I'll be interested to see what
answers we receive!
C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA

David Killingsworth <david_w_killingsworth AT AMOCO DOT COM> on 02/12/98
06:38:38
PM