ADSM-L

Re: sybase database & expiry

1998-02-15 07:05:56
Subject: Re: sybase database & expiry
From: Gene Mangum <gmangum AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 07:05:56 -0500
We are trying to use the mechanism that the SQL Backtrack vendor
(Datatools) recommends, which is to have Backtrack tell ADSM when to
delete each backup copy.   The copygroup settings have to be just
right, and the vendor misled us, so we've got some backups that
would never go away.   I've spent alot of time manually deleting
them :-(   The only way I know is to wait until everything else on
the tape has expired, and then DELETE VOL xxxxxx DISCARD=Y.

--
Gene Mangum
Gene Mangum