ADSM-L

3575 Library - Checking in and labelling volumes

1998-02-13 10:06:06
Subject: 3575 Library - Checking in and labelling volumes
From: Paul Sales <TEXROX AT UVVM.UVIC DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 07:06:06 PST
   We have just installed a 3575 L24 tape library.  All 240 tapes were
loaded at hardware installation time.
   Is there any way of labelling and checking in a single volume that is
already in the library using the barcode.  I do not want to checkin all
240 tapes.

I have searched the ADSM Admin reference and guide, but cannot find a
solution.

   I see there is a '-keep' option on the CHECKOUT command that leaves
the tape in the library.  How does one CHECK  this volume, and only this

volume, back in?

    Any help would be appreciated.