ADSM-L

Does the Scheduler Remember?

1998-02-12 17:28:46
Subject: Does the Scheduler Remember?
From: Dennis Riley <driley AT USWEST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:28:46 -0800
Does the client scheduler remember the IP it first used to contact the
server or does it reply to the path from where it was prompted? Here's
the situation: We are running an MVS server that has two TCP/IP paths
and primarily, scheduled, prompted backups. DNS has been giving
alternating IP addresses each time it's queried. One of the paths is
flaky (regularly failing and not recovering). We are seeing a lot of
ANR2716E and ANR048x messages on this server, as well as missed and
failed backups. Currently DNS is only pointing to the good IP address,
but do we need to bounce all the client schedulers and/or the server to
let all the parts know the good server IP address?
TIA, Dennis
--
Dennis Riley
Dennis Riley