ADSM-L

Re: Changing Policy Domains

1998-02-12 10:35:35
Subject: Re: Changing Policy Domains
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:35:35 EST
Elvin -
  I'm not sure what happened in your case, but in general you *can*
just use the command

  UPD N nodename DOM=newdomain

to change the policy domain for an existing node. (I just now did
this for one of our testing nodes, so it does work.) Sean's caveats
about data retention apply, and you'll probably also need to associate
the node with a one of the schedules that's defined in its new domain
by using the DEFINE ASSOC command.

Elvin, what did you run into that made EXPORT (ugh!) your only option?

  - Wendy