ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:01:07
hi,

i have upgraded from notes 4.5.3 to 4.5.3b, 'cos there was a bug in the lotus notes program
that did not allow it automatically schedule programs etc. that is, i had to manually run the
dsmnotes command - but now lotus can run it for me at a prescheduled time each evening.

after the notes upgrade i got an ans0995e error. i downloaded the fix (ip21284_lnnotes.exe)
from the ftp site (ibm.storsys... etc), and re-ran dsmnotes. no problemo. the ans0995e error
vanished.

i setup notes to fire off the job for me and it worked. great.

however...
near the end of the backup, i got the following message:-

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
program c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\dsmnotes.exe
file:fmname.c
line:234
_expression_ mempool: mempool_invalid

i had a choice of "retry","quit" or"ignore", and there was something about a JIT
compile and debug being invoked if i asked for a "retry". i settled for an "ignore",
and got this message:-

the instruction at "0x014f6a2c" referenced memory at "0x00000004". the memory
could not be "written".

i shutdown and restarted the notes server and retried it, but i got the same error
message. i did another "ignore" and got the same second error message (except the
mem location was 0x00000003).

the notes server is running nt4.0, build 1381, service-pack 3. i am using adsm v2.1, which
was overwritten by the aforementioned fixpack (ip21284).

i am running adsm server on nt4, build 1381, service-pack 3, running adsm version 2, release1,
level 0.6.

any ideas anyone?

regards