ADSM-L

Re: Schedules/Objects/Options

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: Re: Schedules/Objects/Options
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/11/98 10:35AM
As I read the manual (I have not used the new parm) it should do what you want.

I base that on the following assumptions.....

1.  The client is running a V3 release (duh)

2.  The Include statement is removed (but you said that anyway...)

3.  The -ARCHMC=CEDCADM mgmt class is specified, either via a DSMC Archive
command, or via the options override when the (monthly?) schedule is defined.

As I understand it - this operand was added in response to the situation you are
describing - how to override the MC and get a monthly copy of the files.

As far as seeing what management class was used..... The retrieve command on the
GUI I looked at (V3 for NT) showed the various archive groupings (based on the
comments I entered); when I looked at the members in the group it showed the MC
I had used to override the default settings.

Hope this helps....

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com