ADSM-L

ADSM V3 Performance and Schedlog Messages

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: ADSM V3 Performance and Schedlog Messages
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/10/98 10:37AM
Did you just upgrade the server to V3, or did you do clients too?  It was my
understanding that any performance gains would not really be seen until both
clients and server were at V3 - that's when you can take advantage of small
file aggregation.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    2/10/98 10:37 AM

Hello ADSMer's,

        We just upgrade to V3 this past weekend.  We are now running V3
on OS\390 server and Win NT, Win 95, and UNIX boxes.  I am pleased to
say the conversion went off without a hitch, however, I have not seen
the performance gains I though I would.  Actually, I have not seen any
significant improvement at all.  I am not trying to down ADSM, but there
are people who are going to want to see results!!  I was just wondering
if maybe there were some performance parameters that I should be looking
at??  Any help would be much appreciated.

        Just a side note on the Schedlog not showing messages like it
did in version 2.  I am on a WIN 95 machine and all messages still get
logged.  I also noticed that any WIN NT clients still running V2 are
logging all messages.  It appears to me that only the WIN NT clients
running V3 have this problem!!  I would like to have these messages
back, so if someone would be so kind as to tell me when PTF 3 might be
out???

Thanks,
Rick Smith
Maritz, Inc.