ADSM-L

Strange ADSM behavior with Solaris

1998-02-10 14:25:56
Subject: Strange ADSM behavior with Solaris
From: "Fluker, Tom R" <Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:25:56 -0500
I'm running V3 ADSM client on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine.  I have a number
of file systems mounted on this machine that are also auto-mapped (using
auto.direct files) as "home" directories for users.  As a result a
directory in the original file system (/export/home/joe) may also get
"automounted" as /home/joe for user joe.

I have added a entry to the exclude file to exclude backup of
"/home/.../*" to eliminate two backups of the same file.
There are no excludes for the /export/home directories.

My problem, and it seems related to this automounter thing, is that
/export/home/joe is not backed up by ADSM incremental backups.

Further....
  dsmc selective '/export/home/joe/*' -subdir=yes -verbose  -- seems to
work
  dsmc incr /export/home -verbose                           -- seems to
expire all the files
                                                              backed up
with selective backup

  dsmc incr '/export/home/joe/*' -verbose   -- seems to work
  dsmc incr /export/home -verbose           -- seems to expire files

It's my understanding that the scheduled backup is like the "dsmc incr"
and it seems to result only in the expiration of anything I have managed
to backup using the command line..

Any ideas??

Tom Fluker
tom.fluker AT viasystems DOT com