ADSM-L

Re: AW: NODENAME change..

1998-02-10 04:01:43
Subject: Re: AW: NODENAME change..
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:01:43 +0200
Hi Thomas,

One of the criteria ADSM uses for the incremental backup is the
ADSM node name - so changing the dsm.opt with a new node name
will cause a new (Full incr) to be taken of your 40Gig of data.
Do as Michael suggested - Rename node under the server and also
change the dsm.opt with the new node name.
All you need to do then is unload dsmc from the Novell console and do
another load. If the netware user you are using to do the backup has also
been
changed make sure that the new user has the correct rights to do the backup
of
your NDS/Data and also change this in the dsm.opt (nwuser ......).

Regards
Christo Heuër
ABSA Group
Johannesburg