ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation: how to allow more than 1 process?

1998-02-09 18:56:12
Subject: Re: Reclamation: how to allow more than 1 process?
From: David Cannon <cannon AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:56:12 -0500
>> how can I tell ADSM to start 2 or more reclamation processes in //?
>> We have 6 drive units and the devclass ROBOT has a maxmountlimit of 6.
>> However, only 1 reclamation process runs at a time!

Only one reclamation process per storage pool runs at a time.  Most server
operations do not support multiple parallel processes.  The only exceptions
that come to mind are migration from disk pools, backup storage pool, restore
storage pool, and restore volume.

>        What you need is to update your storage pool to take more processes.
> The generic command is:
>                UPDATE STGPOOL poolname MIGPROCESS=number of processes

The MIGPROCESS parameter only applies to migration from disk pools.  In fact,
you can't even specify this parameter for sequential-access pools.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development