ADSM-L

Re: Collocation question...

1998-02-09 08:24:44
Subject: Re: Collocation question...
From: "Yelle, Michael 2-3823" <MGY4V AT HSCMAIL.MCC.VIRGINIA DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 08:24:44 -0500
Another way to move your non-collocated data to a collocated pool is as
follows:

1) Assume you start with a pool of tapes called "OLDPOOL", which is
non-collocated.
2) Create a new tape pool called "NEWPOOL", which is collocated.
3) Send all of your new backups to "NEWPOOL" and they will be
collocated. At this point no new data is going to "OLDPOOL".
4) Update the definitions of "OLDPOOL" and specify "NEWPOOL" as the
"next storage pool" for "OLDPOOL".  When data is migrated from "OLDPOOL"
to "NEWPOOL" it will be collocated.
5) You can then control migration from "OLDPOOL" to "NEWPOOL" by
adjusting the hi and low migration thresholds. Since, It may take quite
awhile to migrate all of the data from "OLDPOOL" to "NEWPOOL" you may
want this migration to occur only between the daytime (for example). You
could issue a "upd stg oldpool hi =0 low=0" to turn it on. Issue "upd
stg oldpool hi=100 low=100" to turn it off.  Hope this helps.
Michael Yelle