ADSM-L

Onbar information

1998-02-07 22:26:01
Subject: Onbar information
From: Alan Hamilton <alanh AT PRIMENET DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 20:26:01 -0700
    Can someone answer a few questions about Informix's Onbar (or
direct me to a source)?  The documentation doesn't reveal much --
Onbar's says see your storage manager's documentation, and ADSM says
see Onbar's.

    Anyway... when using onbar -l to back up logical logs, how many
logs does it keep?  Forever?  Does it use copygroup parameters, and if
so, how?  If it doesn't automatically purge old logs, how is this done?
    A similar question for onbar -L 0.  If I run that five times in a
row, do I end up with five copies of the database in ADSM?  Or is Onbar
"smart" enough to only keep enough to restore the database?
    Is there any sort of query command to see what Onbar has backed up?
--
      /
      /