ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler as NT service. Logging question

1998-02-06 15:11:25
Subject: Re: Scheduler as NT service. Logging question
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:11:25 -0500
This is a bug that will be fixed in PTF 3.  I forced the msgmode to QUIET in
the service with the intent of disabling server offline media aborts without
realising that QUIET also suppresses output to the schedule log. Until you get
the ptf, there is an undocumented registry setting that *may* get around the
problem for now. Use this option at your own risk.

Under the the following registry hierarchy where <ADSM Client Service> is the
name of the service :

   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<ADSM Client Service
Name>\Parameters

add a REG_SZ  value named ClientCmdLine to be a string as follows:

-VERBOSE
This registry setting can be used to pass any valid command line argumeThis
registry setting can be used to pass any valid command line argument
string to the scheduler thread (essentially the same as passing command line
arguments to dsmc).

Hope this helps ......

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM NT Client Development