ADSM-L

ADSM and Exchange 5.0?

1998-02-06 11:14:54
Subject: ADSM and Exchange 5.0?
From: Ken Puckett <KenP AT EIG DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 08:14:54 -0800
>Date:    Thu, 5 Feb 1998 15:30:43 -0700
>From:    Mark Evans <MEvans AT CO.SLC.UT DOT US>
>Subject: ADSM and Exchange 5.0?
>
>We are in the middle of setting up our NT backups to the ADSM system
>this week. I understand a client for SQL exists but not for Exchange
>Sever. How are others of you backing up your Exchange servers? Is this
>even possible?

Seagate Software has a module for its Backup Exec for NT that will use
the ADSM server as a virtual tape library, plus Seagate also has a
module that backs up Exchange database files.  This combination works
pretty good for our site.  I understand that IBM is working on Exchange
support for ADSM so that one does not have to use Backup Exec as a
go-between.

--KP