ADSM-L

bad 3570 tape batch

1998-02-06 08:11:45
Subject: bad 3570 tape batch
From: Ann Courchaine <acourcha AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 08:11:45 -0500
Hi ADSM'ers!
     Help!     According to IBM retain tip H162618 ,it seems we have
acquired a bad batch of tapes for our 3570. This means virtually all the
tapes in my tape pool are no good. The symptoms are many i/o errors . I
have set the reclamation threshold to 100 in hopes that ADSM  will stop
trying to read those tapes. I also checked them all out of the library. My
theory is that they will expire eventually and I will never have to mount
those bad tapes again.(We do very little file restoration)
Any contributions?