ADSM-L

Re: ADSM not remembering user id and password -Reply

1998-02-05 15:17:10
Subject: Re: ADSM not remembering user id and password -Reply
From: "Lester A. Salazar" <lsalazar AT QUEENS DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:17:10 -1000
Joelle,
Thanks for you response.  I have deleted and recreated the
.pwd as you suggested but have not been succesful.  I have
not, however removed the NWUSER lines from the dsm.opt
file.  I will retry this option with the NWUSER lines removed
and post my results.

Aloha,
Lester Salazar
Network Administrator
The Queen's Medical Center
lsalazar AT queens DOT org
http://www.queens.org/

>>> "Booher, Joelle M" <jmbooher AT AMP DOT COM> 02/05/98
09:54am >>>
Lester,

I had this problem with one of my novell boxes, and I fixed it
by
deleting the encrypted .pwd file from the adsm subdirectory.
Then I
connected once with a selective session, and entered the
userID/password
manually.  Adsm automatically created a new pwd file.  Then
I started
the scheduler, and the next time it attempted a connection, it
used the
entries from the new pwd file.  (I am not using the NWUSER
parameter in
the options file).
Joelle Booher
Joelle Booher
NT Technical Support
200 Amp Drive, Harrisburg PA
(717) 810-2816
jmbooher AT amp DOT com

Novell
> Netware clients.  On one of my Netware servers have a
> backup event scheduled.  But whenever the backup event
is