ADSM-L

Re: Tape Utilization

1998-02-05 02:21:55
Subject: Re: Tape Utilization
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:21:55 +0200
Don, ADSM tracks the "free" space on your media as it writes new data to it
and as it "invalidates"
expired data. All of this is possible since the ADSM DB has full knowledge
of what each volume holds.
So each volume over time will reflect different % utilization figures. The
question is how "empty" would you
like your tapes "not" to be. This is what's called your PERCENTRECLAMATION
threshold for your STGPOOL.
So if you have RECLAMATION set on for a 50% threshold you should see for
instance that 003 and 004 will be
consolidated onto 003 and 004 released for re-use.

Campbell Esplin
Excalibur Business Solutions