ADSM-L

Re: Out of memory

1998-02-04 11:26:31
Subject: Re: Out of memory
From: "L. Scott Emmons" <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 08:26:31 -0800
On Wednesday, February 04, 1998 8:18 AM, Jeff Toth wrote:
> I'm getting an ANS4033E message during scheduled backups.
> System ran out of memory.   This server was having no problems completing
> backups for months.  The messages says to close other programs. I did.
> There are 256MB of RAM on that server!

Jeff,

How much paging space do you have? 2X physical memory is a good starting
point.

You may have good results if you add "slowincremental yes" to your client
options file (I'm assuming it's your ADSM client, not your ADSM server).
"slowincremental" should use alot less memory.

Why is it doing this just now, all of a sudden? I have no idea. You could
spend some time using "svmon" to figure it out though..

Good luck,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|   Special Projects, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's