ADSM-L

V2 - V3 Upgrade

1998-02-04 10:52:27
Subject: V2 - V3 Upgrade
From: "Smith, Richard" <smithrr AT MARITZ DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:52:27 -0600
ADSMer's

        We are getting ready to upgrade for V2 to V3 this weekend.  We
were comparing our Production V2 options file with our test V3 options
file and realized they were Identical.  Is this the way it is supposed
to be??  I thought there were new options that came along with V3.

        Also, I've noticed in testing that when I run the NT service or
the WIN 95 scheduler in prompted mode the backups always miss.  They
work fine in polling mode, however, we prefer prompted.  Does anyone
know of an existing problem with V3??  More importantly, what about a
fix.

        Another question,  which options specify the parameters for file
aggregation, and what are the recommendations.  See configuration below:

Server: MVS soon to be OS\390
Clients: UNIX, NT 3.5.1, NT 4.0, and some WIN 95 Workstations
Current releases
Server: 2.1.013
Clients:2.1 PTF 6

Thanks,