ADSM-L

Exabyte 480 and ADSM

1998-02-04 10:42:46
Subject: Exabyte 480 and ADSM
From: Jim V Johnson <jj AT LEXMARK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:42:46 -0500
I have installed Ver 3.1 of ADSM and I am trying to make ADSM talk to an
Exabyte 480.  I have been able to define the library and the 4 drives. My
problem is using the command:
Label Libvolume EXA480 labelsource=barcode checkin=private
I receive the errors:
ANR8813W Unable to read the barcode of cartridge in slot element 0 in
library EXA480
Then the library/drive times out and I receive the message:
ANR8304E Time out error on drive mammoth3 (/dev/mt2) in library EXA480

Is there any experience in using ADSM Ver 3.1 and the Exabyte 480?

Thanks