ADSM-L

AW: BAre Metal Restore on NT V4

1998-02-04 07:13:42
Subject: AW: BAre Metal Restore on NT V4
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:13:42 +0100
Not being able to provide identical hardware after a disaster case is an
unsolved problem we have, too.
I think we do not need the possibility of merging registry databases or
doing other tricks, as this all may lead to inconsistent system
configurations.
What we really need is a possibility to mark certain settings in the
registry as "changed" or "invalid" in a way that makes Windows NT
install the new components from the CDROM during next bootup.
Providing this in my opinion is not an ADSM developers task, this
feature should come from Microsoft, as it is also needed when single
components have to get changed without the possibility of previously
uninstalling them.

Regards,
Michael
--