ADSM-L

Re: 3590 on RS/6000-J50

1998-02-03 19:36:44
Subject: Re: 3590 on RS/6000-J50
From: Nancy Young <youngny AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 19:36:44 -0500
One of our tape marketing experts has the following comment to your question:

   "The 3590 (both models B11 and B1A) are supported on the RS/6000 7013-J50.
The Magstar 3590 drive requires a SCSI-2 Fast Wide Differential system
attachment (adapter).  I believe the internal SCSI on the J50 is SCSI-2 Fast
Single-ended.  Therefore, I would recommend adding the fc#2412 adapter to the
J50, and the 3590 can be attached to that adapter with an interposer (fc# 9702
on the 3590).   The AIX device driver (ATAPE) comes with the 3590-B11 as
fc#9603, or with the 3494-L1x (for 3590-B1A) as fc#5212.  ATAPE can also be
downloaded from the ftp site:    index.storsys.ibm.com     ...directory:
/devdrvr"

Regards,
Nancy Young

Email: youngny AT us.ibm DOT com