ADSM-L

ADSM v3 on AIX server abend help

1998-02-03 10:46:04
Subject: ADSM v3 on AIX server abend help
From: "Merriman, Robert UHS" <merrre AT STLO.SMHS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:46:04 -0600
I have recently upgraded to V3 on an IBM R50 running AIX 4.2.1.  After
upgrading the ADSM server has been abending nightly with the following
error:

ANR9999D pkthread.c(484): Run-time assertion failed: "bufP->list ==
BUF_NOLIST-
", Thread 50, File buf.c, Line 2566.
ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
ANR7837S Internal error BUF043 detected.
  0x10006C04 *UNKNOWN*
  0x1003817C *UNKNOWN*
  0x1003B114 *UNKNOWN*
  0x1004737C *UNKNOWN*
  0x1012D394 *UNKNOWN*
  0x10181748 *UNKNOWN*
  0x101B5368 *UNKNOWN*
  0x101BB854 *UNKNOWN*
  0x1013392C *UNKNOWN*
  0x101AED64 *UNKNOWN*
  0x101B07BC *UNKNOWN*
  0x10316AD0 *UNKNOWN*
  0x10006090 *UNKNOWN*
  0xD03B1F44 _pthread_body
ANR7833S ADSM thread 1 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 2 terminated in response to program abort.

I have increased the BUFPOOLSIZE up to 2048 from 512.   However, this
does not seem to solve the problem.  Support has not come up with an
answer yet.  Has anyone seen this or have any ideas how to fix.  I would
be most appreciative.

Robert Merriman
Systems Programmer
Unity Health Systems