ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:01:06

I liked to see that ADSM/2 with PTF 14 now supports the DDS-3 fomat and
that our HP1557A Autoloader is on the supported device list. So I installed
the PTF to our server and changed the DEVCL to FORMAT=DDS3 and the trouble
began.

First I get a message: Error retrieving message

I thought ok let's try a migration and ADSM couldn't find a free drive in
the library. When I changed the DEVCLASS to FORMAT=DRIVE the migration
worked but now the drive is using hardware compression so I end up with
less data stored on the DAT

Then later on when I tried a backup storage pool from the autoloader to a
manual dat drive the autoload started to load the DAT and when I put in the
DAT to the manual library the same time I get error messages that the
autoloader is not responding anymore.

So I downloaded the new adsmauto.sys from the fixtest area...

Is anybody out there using the PTF14 on OS/2 with DDS-3 drives and what are
the expiriences ?

Gerhard Hansmair