ADSM-L

Re: dsmc restore /etc/lp does bad things

1998-02-01 23:29:01
Subject: Re: dsmc restore /etc/lp does bad things
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 23:29:01 -0500
> | If your intent is to restore the lp subdirectory and all of its
> | files, then "restore /etc/lp/* -subdir=yes" is the correct syntax.

> Thanks.  I will file this away as a workaround, even though that's not
> the syntax that the docs suggest.

Just to clarify, this is not a work-around; this is the *correct* syntax. The
book may have some incorrect examples, but take a look at the online help from
the command line client. (Online help is usually more up-to-date than the
printed manuals.) Type 'help' at the 'dsmc>' prompt, then choose the number for
the 'DSMC RESTORE' menu item. Where 'sourcefilespec' is described, it says that
both a path and file name are required when specifying the file(s) you want to
restore (the file name can be wild-carded).

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support