ADSM-L

Re: Backing up MS Exchange files

1998-01-28 09:35:11
Subject: Re: Backing up MS Exchange files
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:35:11 +0100
Hello,
1- The only way to backup these files with only ADSM Client is to stop
all Exchange Services (I never tried).
2- If you want to do Online Backup of your Exchange Server to an ADSM
server is to used Seagate BackupExec tools with ADSM Module. (It works
fine I used it).

Be careful, Exchange has to be considered as a DataBase, there is a
TableSpace (ex:priv.edb) and the log file (edbxxxx.log).