ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Part of the NT Registry

1998-01-27 16:43:45
Subject: Re: Restoring Part of the NT Registry
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:43:45 -0600
Why do you believe that you cannot do this?  If you have tried this and
failed, please read my note on the subdirectory names that ADSM expects to
find registries stored in.

The USERS file should work with the same level of NT software and service
packs.   The SOFTWARE file may work, good luck.  One of the big problems is
the SYSTEM file contains data that will cause you problems when restored to
a machine of different hardware, but also contains information used by many
applications.

good luck,
  Dan T.