ADSM-L

How do I exclude NDS containers from being backed up with Novell 3.1.1 ADSM client

1998-01-27 15:21:05
Subject: How do I exclude NDS containers from being backed up with Novell 3.1.1 ADSM client
From: Peter Hadikin <phadikin AT BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:21:05 -0700
We are running ADSM VM version 2.1.9 server.  I have just downloaded the
Netware ADSM V3.1.1 client.  I can't for the life of me get it to stop
backing up certain NDS containers.  Our NDS tree is quite large
(appoximately 35,000 objects) spread accross a number of containers.  It
takes forever to backup all these objects on a single server so I have
split up the backup so that each of our 4.11 servers backs up a portion of
the NDS tree.  Problem is that all my include/excludes seems to be ignored.

I have read the bit about using NDS instead of DIRECTORY when referring to
NDS filespaces.  I have tried that and it does not work.  Each server that
I back the NDS up from seems to insist on a complete NDS backup.  Any help
would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Peter.