ADSM-L

Re: tcp errors

1998-01-27 12:40:03
Subject: Re: tcp errors
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:40:03 -0500
We upgraded many clients from AIX 4.1.4 to 4.2.1 and did not have any
problems with it (but I don't know the patch level.)

Some suggestions, for what they are worth:

The most basic is PING.  Make sure that, from the AIX client, you can
ping the ADSM server.
If you are getting these errors from the Scheduler, stop and restart the
scheduler.
If you are getting these errors from the cmd line, try the GUI.
If you are getting these errors from the GUI, try the cmd line.

Try some other IP-based application and make sure it still functions.

Every time I have seen errors like this, there really was a problem with
IP on the clinet end, or a network problem with name resolution (DNS).