ADSM-L

Re: 3570 Tape Subsystem

1998-01-23 21:27:30
Subject: Re: 3570 Tape Subsystem
From: Alan Hamilton <alanh AT PRIMENET DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 19:27:30 -0700
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Ray Pratts wrote:

> 1.  Is there a way to have the tapes labeled without having to enter a
> label for each tape?  I tried using the -barcode option, but this did
> not work.

That option will only work if you ordered the drive with the barcode
option installed.  Otherwise, no, you have to enter all the labels.  You
can automate this a bit by using something like

dsmlabel -drive=/dev/rmt0,16 -library=/dev/rmt0.smc -search < labellist

Load up the library with scratch tapes, and put their labels in the
labellist file.