ADSM-L

3570 model B02 tape device

1998-01-22 12:51:22
Subject: 3570 model B02 tape device
From: Thomas Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:51:22 -0500
Hi. Im have ADSM v2.1 on AIX 4.2.1. Im just getting started with the use of of
dual-drive 3570-B02 tape device. The tape cartridge documents to have a
compression capacity of 5G-15G.  When the tape reaches about 35% or so, it
becomes full. 35% is about 5G of 15. Looks like its storing data at a
compression rate of 3:1 but not physically using the entire tape?? Can I
literally get 10 or 15G on a tape vol?? Am I misunderstanding the specs on this
model?

This device is defined to ADSM as device type 3570 with est cap of 15G and a
format of 3570C.

One main points we purchases this device was tape max capacity and data
transfer speed.
A 3570-B02 holds 20 tape vols at 5G each or 100G capacity minimum/average.