ADSM-L

Re: USELARGETAPEBLOCK

1998-01-22 10:43:03
Subject: Re: USELARGETAPEBLOCK
From: Dirk Pohl <Dirk_Pohl AT VISINFOSYS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:43:03 +0100
HI ADSM'ers

USELARGETAPEBLOCK is documented in dsmserv.opt.smp on V2 level 15 server
directory in AIX.

Here the cut , but be !!!very careful!!! when activating this option
                      ******************
Especially check out restore db .

*  =====================================================================
*
*  UseLargeTapeBlock
*  =====================================================================
*
*  This option is used to enable large tape block support.  Enabling
*  this option will cause larger tape blocks to be used when
*  writting data to tape on a supported tape device.  See the README
*  file for a list of supported devices.
*
*  NOTES:  Once this option is enabled, data written to tapes
*  CAN NO LONGER BE READ  with the option set to NO or from a ADSM
*  server that does not support this option.  However, data from older
*  version of the ADSM server can be read with the option enabled.
*
*   Syntax
*   +-------------------+-----+----+
*   | USELARGETAPEBLOCK | YES | NO |
*   +-------------------+-----+----+
*
*   Parameters
*      YES               Enables large tape block option on supported
drives.
*
*      NO                Use default tape block size on supported drives.
*
*      The default value is NO.
*
*   Example