ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Error

1998-01-22 09:00:05
Subject: Re: ADSM Error
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:00:05 -0600
Richard,

  Is either the error or sched logs on the client pointing out which file
is causing this error?  I am assuming the client is reporting a problem
when attempting to backup a file, not an error when writing to one of its
logs.  In case it is the latter, what does your free space look like on the
drive ADSM is installed on?

If it does appear to be a file that ADSM is unable to back up, I usually
try to access the file via its native application to see if is corrupt.  If
you  are seeing any errors in getting the files security data, the security
info may be corrupted.  You can check by attempting to view the permissions
of the file.

Is ADSM continuing on with the backup of the drive giving the error?  We
are on v2 and this version will not complete a drive once an error was
found.  V3 is reported to continue.

I hope this helps.  I realize while typing it that you have probably done
these things already.
dt