ADSM-L

beware of "multibyte package" of v3-winnt-client

1998-01-21 11:34:45
Subject: beware of "multibyte package" of v3-winnt-client
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:34:45 -0500
Regrettably readme.ftp does not indicate what languages are single
byte and which are multibyte. This information is however contained
in the readmec.hlp file installed with the package. We will update
readme.ftp when we make client PTF3 available.

Single byte languages supported by the Windows 32 bit Intel client are:
    US English, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese,
    Spanish and Swedish
Multi-byte languages supported are: Japanese,
    Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean

You received this message:
        "Failed loading language DLL (dsc30chs.dll)
         Please make sure the DLL is installed correctly"
because the original install of the multibyte client established dsm.opt with
the LANG option with simplified Chinese (the language you selected
in the language dialog of the install). The uninstall does not remove
dsm.opt (a customer requirement).  The subsequent reinstall does not replace
an already established dsm.opt (also a customer requirement).

Regards,

Mike Dile
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development