ADSM-L

NT Server Setup and other Questions

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: NT Server Setup and other Questions
From: Don Burdette [SMTP:dburdett AT IX.NETCOM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have successfully installed the ADSM Client on 2 of our 5 NT Servers,
without problem. The last three servers will read the setup diskette and
then stop all processing from there on. I can see the setup job running
under the processes screen, but I never get the starting setup screen
displayed. Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?

I also have some general ADSM knowledge questions:

1) We are only using tape as our primary storage pool. What is the best way
to produce off-site copies?

2) We are using the AS/400 as our server and backing up the ADSM user
library as part of our regular AS/400 backup procedures. Do we need to do
the backup as described in the Administrator's Guide?

3) What kinds of housekeeping items do in need to be doing. I have only be
running it a little over a week, but I wonder what kinds of things I should
be doing daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Donald Burdette